You can book your room any time, though it is always best to do it as soon as possible for us to accommodate any special requests. Once you have completed our online booking form you will receive a copy of your tenancy agreement within 24 hours. Signed tenancy agreements must be returned to us within 14 days to avoid us re-allocating your room to other applicants.
Do I need a deposit?
No, you do not need to pay a deposit.
Is there an application fee?
There is no fee to apply for a room at Unity Square.
When will my move-in date be?
7th September 2024
Do I need to bring furniture?
All rooms come with their own bed, mattress and storage units and en-suite bathrooms. The communal kitchens are fitted with appliances and the living / dining areas are furnished. We do not provide linen, crockery or cutlery so you should bring these items with you. Check out ourStandard,PremiumandStudiorooms to see what’s included.
Who can I put as a guarantor?
Most new students put their parents/legal guardians as their guarantors. However, if you have someone else who can guarantee your rent payments, put them down.
Where is Unity Square in relation to the universities?
Royal Liverpool University Hospital: 0.1 miles
University of Liverpool: 0.6 miles
Liverpool John Moores University: 1.1 miles
LHU Creative Campus: 100 yards
What facilities are there in the building?
Unity Square comes with communal living rooms, shared kitchens, a laundry room, a private courtyard, ultra-fast Wi-Fi, bike storage and secure parking (additional charges apply).
Can I bring my friends over?
All visitors to the buildings must sign in and out. No more than 2 visitors per resident are permitted into the building after 9pm and overnight guests must not stay for more than 2 consecutive nights in a week.
How long will I live there?
Our Standard and Premium rooms have contracts which are for 45 weeks and our Studios apartments have contracts for 51 weeks. However, new tenancy agreements can be drawn up if you wish to stay at Unity Square over the summer or into the following year. For any ad hoc durations, you should speak to a member of our team. Once your tenancy ends, you are free to renew your tenancy or find different accommodation.
What happens after the lease ends?
If you plan on finding other accommodation, you must remove all your belongings from your room by the date specified on your tenancy agreement. You must also restore the room to its original state before you moved in. (Upon moving in, you will receive a guide on how to do this.) If you don’t return your room to its original state, charges may be applied.
If I renew my lease for the following year, can I keep my stuff in my room, even if I leave?
If I don’t renew my lease, can I keep my stuff at Unity Square?
Can I cancel my booking?
Please see below for our policy on booking cancellations:
1. Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, if you accept this Tenancy Agreement by post, fax or electronic means, you may cancel the Tenancy Agreement at any time during the period commencing the day after Accepting and ending 7 working days later provided that you give the Landlord and/or the Landlord’s Agent written notice of your intention to do so within those working 7 days.
2. “Accepting” means to formally accept the Tenancy Agreement on-line or alternatively the Completion Date in the case of paper copies of the Tenancy Agreement.
3. The cancellation period will commence the day after the Completion Date in the case of paper copies of the Tenancy Agreement or alternatively the day after the Tenant indicates acceptance of the Tenancy Agreement on-line (as applicable).
4. After this period, you do not have the right to cancel.
5. The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 do not apply if you accept this Tenancy Agreement in person.
6. If your contract start date begins within the 7 days following the acceptance of contract and you take up occupation (deemed to occur at the time you collect the keys and fob), your right to cancel under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 ends.
What security services are there at Unity Square?
Unity Square is equipped with 24/7 state-of-the-art CCTV and an on-site facilities team.
Can I smoke in my room?
Smoking is not permitted in any communal areas, kitchens or bedrooms at Unity Square. A designated smoking point can be found outside the building.
What insurance will I need?
With each booking we include free contents insurance and upon check in you will be given the details of the policy and upgrade options if you chose to add any additional items to the policy.
Will I be sharing the room with anyone?
All rooms in Unity Square are private. Tenants are free to use the shared living spaces and kitchens.
Is there parking?
Parking is available to those tenants who apply when spaces are available. Parking spaces are limited and charges may apply.
Are utilities included in my rent?
Yes, utilities such as gas, electric and internet are included in the cost of your rent.